Thursday, March 29, 2012

Branson, Day 5

Sunday was our departure day, so after we awakened from our Andy's-induced-sugar-comas, we got our stuff packed and loaded the Nitro.  Breakfast was protein bars with the promise of an early lunch after we shopped a while.  I wanted to take some random pics before we left town, too.  First, I got the water tower that's behind the RFD TV Theatre.  I probably could have gotten a better view if we'd gone to the Butterfly Palace parking lot, but we were already in the RFD TV Theatre parking lot.

Next, some dead presidents:



While browsing around in the gift shop next to Ronald Reagan, I happened upon this shirt:

"WE NEVER FORGOT 5-1-2011"  Ok...they never forgot, but apparently I never knew...???  I don't know what this shirt is about!

We went to the Disney Store and Old Navy at the Tanger Outlets, after which we were ready for lunch.  After tossing out about 15 suggestions, we ended up deciding to go to Blue Man Grill again. 



This time, I got the Ridge Runner Cluckers from the appetizer menu with a side of those yummy little onion strings.  Katie got the Mamma Mia burger, which is a burger with marinara sauce and provel cheese on it.  The girls both ordered sliders this time.  Everything was delicious again, and everyone was friendly again! 

We headed for Branson Landing when we were done with lunch, and along the way got some more pics of tornado damage.  I'll include those in a separate post about the tornado.  Down at the Landing, we parked in the Belk parking lot and walked on the boardwalk all the way to the Bass Pro Shop end, then backtracked to shop!  Along the walk on the boardwalk we fed some ducks with some leftover bread we'd kept from breakfast the morning before. 



We browsed in the As Seen on TV store and the Christian bookstore, then heard the Marble Slab Creamery calling our names (maybe I imagined that part).



It was good ice cream, but ridiculously expensive.  It was $22 for the three of us.  Those sprinkle cones alone were around $2.50 and then one scoop of ice cream was over $4.  If we ever eat there again, we'll be sharing! 

My next stop was Kirkland's, where I purchased some items I'd seen when we were there Thursday.  I don't do a lot of impulse buying, so I'd been mulling over the decision and finally went for it.  When I everything put where I want it, I'll post pics of my Kirkland's purchases.  I like that store a lot.

The girls checked out one of the candy stores after that, and we sat by one of the fountains and enjoyed the nice weather for a little while.  A quick stop at Payless and then we couldn't find anything else to delay our departure...I so did not want to leave!

Here are some pics of the girls at the fountains at the Landing:





We found a station playing the KU game.  Towards the end we were about to be out of the broadcast area so I pulled off on a side road so we could hear the Jayhawks beat North Carolina and head to the FINAL FOUR!  ROCK CHALK!!  We got back to Lawrence about 2 hours later and downtown was still pretty wild.  I love living in Lawrence when it's tournament time and the 'Hawks are #WINNING!

This wraps up my trip recap for this visit.  I'm not sure when we'll be able to go again, but I'm already looking forward to it.  I'm planning on two more posts related to this trip, a review of the Haygoods show and a post about the tornado, so I'll post the links on 1branson.com when those are up.  Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment